9 days tour in Colombia
Short trip to Colombia – Bogotá / Coffee zone / Medellín / Cartagena within 9 days! With us, it is possible!
9 days tour in Colombia “Do it yourself”
If you have only a few days for this fantastic country
This travel plan is designed for all those travelers who are looking for greater autonomy and flexibility compared to a completely organized trip.
Would you like to discover a new country, traveling with freedom and at the same time having someone on spot who can offer you assistance and useful advices?
With us, THIS IS POSSIBLE!
The travel experiences we design are tailor-made and created step by step with the traveler. The tour can be easily customized to your needs and wishes, so it can be 9, 11, 14, 16, 19 or as many days as you want.
We offer you: the entire structure of the trip that includes accommodation in 4 stars hotels (depending on your budget) with breakfast included, all transfers (local flights and private land transportation) and some amazing activities.
During the rest of your journey you will be free to organize your days (excursions, guided tours, museums). At the time of booking we will give you our suggestions about how to design your trip. We will be happy to assist you in our Bogotá’s office if you need our help once you are in Colombia.
This tour can be booked for any dates you want to travel. Since Colombia is on the Equator, it has no seasons. This makes it a perfect destination to visit all year long.
Arrival to Bogotá, welcome to Colombia!
Discover Bogotá, “2600 meters / 8500 feet closer to the stars”
Fly to Pereira then private transfer to Salento. Fall in love with the incomparable aroma of the Colombian coffee region (Eje Cafetero)
Go hiking in the spectacular Cocora Valley
Fly to Medellín, the city of the “eternal spring”
Visit picturesque Guatapé and El Penol Rock from Medellín
Cartagena, feel its irresistible colonial charm
Boat trip from Cartagena to Islabela
Return to Bogotá, Adiós Colombia
1470 USD/person – in case of 2 people
1390 USD/person – in case of 3 people
1340 USD/person – in case of 4 people or more
Are you traveling along? Contact us!
Prices can be different due to the Colombian high season.
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Accommodation in Bogotá for 2 nights (4 stars hotel)
- Accommodation in Salento for 2 nights (great accommodation in the center)
- Accommodation in Medellín for 1 night (4 stars hotel)
- Accommodation in Cartagena for 3 nights (4 stars hotel in the Historical city center / Getsemaní)
- Breakfast every day
- 4 local flights with 20kg checked baggage included (Bogotá – Pereira, Pereira – Medellín, Medellín – Cartagena, Cartagena – Bogotá)
- Private transfers from / to the airports
- Private transfers in Salento (Cocora Valley), in Medellín (Guatapé / El Peñol)
- Group transfer by speed boat Cartagena – Islabela (roundtrip)
- Tickets: Gold Museum, Monserrate (Bogotá), Metrocable (Medellín), El Peñol (Guatapé), San Felipe castle (Cartagena), La Popa Convent (Cartagena)
- Private guided tours: Bogotá city tour, Medellín city tour with the Comuna 13, Cartagena city tour
- Guided small group tour: Coffee farm tour around Salento, Cooking Workshop or Rum Chocolate Tasting in Cartagena
- Day trip to Islabela with lunch
- Assistance during your trip – you will never be alone – Colombian SIM card with Internet data
Flexible itinerary! We have many tips to make your tour more tailor made, do not hesitate to ask us!
IncludedBreakfastDomestic flight ticketsEntry fees - TicketsPrivate transferTransfer from your accommodationWalking tour
Not IncludedGratuityLunchPersonal GuideWater
DAY 1 - Bogotá
- Arrival to Bogotá in the afternoon / in the evening. Private transfer to your accommodation located in one of Bogotá's best neighborhoods.
- Overnight in Bogotá
DAY 2 - Bogotá
- Today discover the city with your private tour guide starting from Monserrate, one of the highest peaks in Bogotá (3,150 meters / 10,340 feet above the sea level). Visit the church dedicated to the Virgin of Montserrat and enjoy an amazing view over Bogotá. Then we take you on a pleasant walking tour to the famous Bolívar Square visiting all the most important sites in the historical city center (La Candelaria).
- Later visit the unmissable Gold Museum (ticket included), one of the most important museums in the American continent exhibiting the largest pre-Hispanic goldsmith collection in the world.
- The city tour ends in the Concordia market, a lovely place to try some local street food and coffee before returning to your hotel.
- Overnight in Bogotá (breakfast included)
DAY 3 - Salento
- In the morning private transfer to the airport to catch your direct flight to Pereira in the "Eje Cafetero" region - the famous Colombian coffee-growing area.
- From Pereira’s airport head directly with private transport (approx 1 hour) to Salento - one of the gems of the region. In the afternoon authentic coffee farm tour: during the tour you can collect coffee beans, then grind them and - at the end - taste different coffees.
- Overnight in Salento (breakfast included)
DAY 4 - Salento, Cocora
- After breakfast private transfer to Cocora Valley. Enjoy hiking or horseback riding (optional, extra cost) through this incredible valley, famous for its majestic landscapes and its iconic wax palms (60-70 meters / 200 feet tall).
- Return to Salento with your private driver. Free time in the afternoon to relax and to visit this lovely town, exploring its rich and colorful streets.
- Overnight in Salento (breakfast included)
DAY 5 - Medellín
- In the morning private transfer to Pereira'a airport and then direct flight to Medellín, the city of eternal spring. Pick up at the airport then private guided city tour.
- The tour begins visiting Botero Square, where the famous sculptures by the great Colombian artist Fernando Botero are located. Then you will visit to "Pueblito Paisa" – a replica of a typical Colombian town of this region -- which is located on one of the city's hills.
- Afterwards among the various stops time to take one of the city cable cars connecting the city districts on the hills to better understand Medellín’s positive transformation in the past years. Then you will enjoy a very interesting walking tour of the famous Comuna 13. This neighborhood has become in the recent years one of the most popular areas of the city. A great example of a successful transformation of a previously dangerous place into an area full of life, colors and many social projects. Return to your hotel in the late afternoon.
- At night don't miss the opportunity to try one of the many bars, restaurants or clubs located in El Poblado district.
- Overnight in Medellín (breakfast included)
DAY 6 - Medellín, Guatapé - El Peñol / Cartagena
- Admire the majestic rock El Peñol, a 200m / 650 ft high monolith located next to the Peñol-Guatapé Dam. It is possible to climb the rock (649 stairs) to enjoy 360° breathtaking views over the former valley and its surroundings. The valley was flooded in 1970 to form a hydroelectric dam and the result is a half natural, half man-made site that has the appearance of islets in a lake with a 500km shoreline.
- Visit Guatapé, one of the most picturesque and colorful towns in Colombia (right next to El Peñol, on the banks of the Guatapé reservoir). Do not miss the opportunity to admire the handmade zocalos (decorative panels) that adorn the base of practically every building in the city. Each zocalo is unique and depicts the profession of the home or business owner.
- IMPORTANT: If you don't like climbing stairs you can spend extra time in Guatapé, enjoying an optional 1-hour sightseeing boat ride around the lake (not included). Then a direct flight to Cartagena in the evening.
- Overnight in Cartagena (breakfast included)
DAY 7 - Cartagena
- In the morning a private guided city tour in the historical part of Cartagena: enjoy a pleasant walk through the squares and alleys of this part of the city, included by UNESCO on the list of World Heritage sites. The old walled city of Cartagena - a true gem - was funded in the 16th century by the Spanish as a key port in early colonial Spanish America. From here boats full of treasures sailed to the New World while boats full of African slaves arrived.
- Admire its colorful colonial palaces and churches, explore its defensive forts and enjoy its warm Caribbean atmosphere. Your last two stops will be the San Felipe castle and Popa Monastery.
- In the afternoon enjoy a ceviche cooking workshop in Getsemaní district. Roll up your sleeves, put on an apron and unleash the Chef in you! / Or join a rum and chocolate tasting in the evening: this experience guides you through the different amazing rums and chocolates produced in Colombia.
- Overnight in Cartagena (breakfast included)
DAY 8 - Islabela, Cartagena
- Transfer by speed boat from Cartagena to Islabela, one of the most beautiful islands in the Rosario Islands archipelago. You can enjoy a private beach and the crystal clear Caribbean sea for the rest of the day. Great local lunch is included. Arrival back to Cartagena around 16.00.
- Overnight in Cartagena (breakfast, lunch included)
DAY 9 - Return to Bogotá
- In the morning private transfer to Cartagena's airport and direct flight to Bogotá. Depending on your international flight scheduled departure, possible extra time to enjoy Bogotá by yourself. In this case we can help you with some good tips to make the most of your last hours in the city.
- IMPORTANT: If your international flight leaves directly from Cartagena, you will have more free time in the morning in Cartagena and then - depending on the departure time of your flight - private transfer to the airport.
PRICING BASISTour prices do not include costs of travel from guests’ homes to the tour origination points and back. This exclusion typically consists of international air travel to and from the tour origination and termination airports. Tour prices are per adult person, based on double occupancy. Single room supplements are quoted on request. Tour prices include the meals, accommodation, transportation, sightseeing, and personal services features listed in the Tour Description. Travel insurance, other meals, snacks, extra beverages, laundry, long distance telephone calls, personal purchases, and gratuities are not included in the tour
PAYMENT POLICYDeposit: participants are requested to pre-pay deposit, that is 30 % of all ordered services. You may pay the deposit via bank transfer or credit/debit card upon booking against our confirmation and pro-forma invoice, which will be sent to you on the day of booking or on the following working day. The reservation is pending until the deposit is received. Final Balance: final balance is due 30 days prior to the beginning of the tour.
TOUR DEPARTUREThe guest is responsible for arriving at the point of departure, with all required documentation, at the time set forth in the tour documents. The tour operator will have no obligation to refund any amount paid by the guest in the event the guest misses the departure of the tour. Guests will be allowed to join the tour late, but must make and pay for their own arrangements to do so.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTATIONThe guest has sole responsibility for determining his or her immigration requirements and obtaining appropriate documentation, including but not limited to passports. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip. Due to tighter international travel regulations, the processes for issuing passports in the United States, Canada, and other countries have been backlogged and citizens may experience long delays. If you need a new passport, act early.
PARTICIPATIONFor the benefit of everyone on your tour, YourColombia Travel reserves the right to accept or reject any tour participant and to remove any participant whose conduct is deemed incompatible with the interests of the other participants.
SUBSTITUTIONSRequirements to make substitutions for published meal, accommodation, or sightseeing features do not occur frequently on these tours, but may become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of YourColombia Travel. Do It Yourself Tours: Once the deposit has been paid and the reservation confirmed, the tour is guaranteed to operate as arranged with the guests. If a tour is cancelled in advance due to force major cause beyond YourColombia Travel's control, full refunds will be provided.
PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASEGroup photos of participants may be posted on tour descriptions web pages/social media pages after some tours. Unless guests issue specific instructions that they are not to be included it is assumed that they consent to such use of their likeness.
LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITYYourColombia Travel acts solely as an agent for the guest, and assumes no responsibility whatsoever in whole or part for any occurrences including but not limited to any delay, loss, accidents, personal injury, sickness, medical expenses, or property damage occasioned by fault or negligence of any person, employee or company entrusted with the performance of such service from whatever cause. YourColombia Travel assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any expense or inconvenience caused by late arrivals and departures of trains, ships, airplanes, buses, autos or any changes of schedule. YourColombia Travel assumes no responsibility for the loss of, or damage to your luggage, money, jewellery, valuables or any other belongings whatsoever and howsoever caused. I am aware that travel insurance may be available for me to purchase.
CANCELLATION POLICY'Do It Yourself' Tours: Deposit is non-refundable. The Cancellation Fee will be:
- 30 to 21 days prior to tour start: 35 % of total price
- 20 to 10 days prior to tour start: 50 % of total price
- 9 to prior to tour start: 100 % of total price