14 days – Tour in Colombia “do it yourself” with the PNN Tayrona
This travel plan is designed for all those travelers looking for greater autonomy and flexibility compared to a completely organized trip.
Would you like to discover a new country, traveling with freedom, choosing a cheaper travel option, and at the same time, having someone on spot who can offer you assistance and useful advice?
With us, THIS IS POSSIBLE!
A complete itinerary to enjoy the diverse Colombian landscapes
The travel experiences we design are tailor-made and created step by step with the traveler. The tour can be easily customized to your needs and wishes, so it can be 8, 11, 14, 16, 19 or as many days as you want it to last.
We offer you: the entire structure of the trip that includes accommodation in 3 or 4 stars hotels (depending on your budget) with breakfast included and all transfers (local flights and private land transportation). In addition, the presence of a private guide who will accompany you during the second day in Bogotá to allow you to start your adventure in the best way in this magical destination (entrance fees during day 2 are included).
During the rest of your journey you will be free to organize your days (excursions, guided tours, museums). At the time of booking, we will give you our suggestions about how to design your trip. We will be happy to assist you in our Bogotá’s office if you need our help once you are in Colombia.
This tour can be booked for any dates you want to travel. Since Colombia is on the Equator, it has no seasons. This makes it a perfect destination to visit all year long.
Arrival to Bogotá, welcome to Colombia!
Discover Bogotá, “2600 meters / 8500 feet closer to the stars”
Fly to Pereira then private transfer to Salento. Fall in love with the incomparable aroma of the Colombian coffee region (Eje Cafetero)
Half-Day private car with professional driver. Our tip: enjoy hiking or horse riding in the spectacular Cocora Valley
Be wondered by Medellín, the innovative city of eternal Spring
Full-Day private car with professional driver. Our tip: visit Guatapé and El Peñol, two Colombian gems close to Medellín
Fly to Cartagena, feel its irresistible colonial charm
Isla Grande, enjoy a Caribbean paradise island
Isla Grande, enjoy a Caribbean paradise island
Isla Grande and one more night in the enchanting Cartagena
Private transfer to Tayrona National Natural Park, where the jungle meets the sea
Our tip: enjoy a memorable hike among the unique landscapes of Tayrona National Natural Park. Private transfer to the Park entrance (roundtrip).
Relax and experience the local Caribbean vibe
Return to Bogotá, Adiós Colombia!
IMPORTANT: The Tayrona National Natural Park closes three times a year for a few weeks. The indigenous communities that live in the Sierra Nevada mountains perform their rituals which ensure the spiritual protection of the territory, while the National Park team and the environmentalists do beach clean-ups.
1750 USD/person – in case of 2 people
1575 USD/person – in case of 3 people
1450 USD/person – in case of 4 people or more
Are you travelling alone or do you want to do a shorter/longer tour? No problem, just contact us!
Prices may vary on high season (Christmas, New Year Eve, Easter).
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation in Bogotá for 2 nights (room with private bathroom in an excellent hotel in the northern area of the city)
- Accommodation in Salento for 2 nights (room with private bathroom in a charming hotel in the town center)
- Accommodation in Medellín for 2 nights (room with private bathroom in a comfortable hotel in El Poblado district)
- Accommodation in Cartagena for 2 nights (room with private bathroom in a very nice hotel in the Old City)
- Accomodation in Isla Grande for 2 nights (bungalow with private bathroom near the beach. Hotel with restaurant, meals included)
- Accomodation near Tayrona National Natural Park for 3 nights (room with private bathroom in a beautiful hotel next to the beach. Hotel with restaurant, meals NOT included)
- Breakfast every day
- 3 lunches and 2 dinners in Isla Grande, full board package (day 6-7-8)
- 3 national flights with 23kg checked baggage included (Bogotá – Pereira, Medellín – Cartagena, Santa Marta – Bogotá)
- 1 national flight with 15kg checked baggage included (Pereira – Medellín). If necessary, you can pay for excess baggage directly at the airport.
- Private transfers from/to the airports
- Private transfer Cartagena – Santa Marta
- Private transfers in Salento, in Medellín and to/from PNN Tayrona
- Semi-private transfer by speed boat Cartagena – Isla Grande (roundtrip)
- Tickets: Museo del Oro, Monserrate (Bogotá)
- Excursions with a tour guide: Bogotá city tour (day 2), Comuna 13 tour in Medellín (day 5)
- Assistance during your trip – you will never be alone
- Colombian SIM card with Internet data
IncludedBreakfastDomestic flight ticketsTransfer from your accommodationWalking tour
Not IncludedEntry fees - TicketsGratuityLunchPersonal GuidePrivate transferWater
DAY 1 - Bogotá
DAY 2 - Bogotá
DAY 3 - Salento
DAY 4 - Salento, Cocora Valley
DAY 5 - Medellín
Day 6 - Medellín, Guatapé - El Peñol
- Admire the majestic rock El Peñol, a 200m / 650 ft high monolith located next to the Peñol-Guatapé Dam. It is possible to climb the rock (649 stairs) to enjoy 360° breathtaking views over the former valley and its surroundings. The valley was flooded in 1970 to form a hydroelectric dam and the result is a half natural, half man-made site that has the appearance of islets in a lake with a 500km shoreline.
- Visit Guatapé, one of the most picturesque and colorful towns in Colombia (right next to El Peñol, on the banks of the Guatapé reservoir). Do not miss the opportunity to admire the handmade zocalos (decorative panels) that adorn the base of practically every building in the city. Each zocalo is unique and depicts the profession of the home or business owner.