El Cocuy National Park
Cocuy National Park is in the lesser-known county of Boyacá. Their peaks are not only to the lovers of mountains with its amazing views and experiences – the local farms are 3500-4000 meter above sea level, from where you can conquer one of the national park’s many peaks above 5000 meters (it has 15 peaks over 5000 m). You don’t need to be a professional hiker, you just need to be in good shape to complete these hikes.
This beautiful scenery is a 9-hour car ride from Bogotá. The place itself is absolutely magical: the Andes with all its beauty, unique vegetation, fresh air, serenity and the friendly locals. You can enjoy the peaceful mountain life for 2-3 days almost completely isolated from the outside world.
The tour includes:
- Transfer between Bogotá and El Cocuy
- Breakfast and dinner at the local farm where you will stay – it’s on the property of a local family in a simple wooden house. Both breakfast and dinner is made by the family.
- Hiking in the mountains with a local guide (2 days)
- Detailed itinerary: Departure from Bogotá at 10 pm, arrival to El Cocuy the next morning at 7 am. Breakfast then a short rest. The first day hike starts around 11-12. Arrival back to the accommodation at sunset (around 5:30 pm), dinner and a rest/free time (card games, conversation, etc.).
- You start the second day with a breakfast, after that a whole-day hike and then dinner. After dinner, departure to Bogotá (arrival to Bogotá sometime during the night – it’s also an option to stay an extra night on the farm and leave the next morning for Bogotá – it always depends on the group).
Price: from 499 USD/person
Departure TimeAprox 22PM
Return TimeAprox 07AM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, light jacket.
IncludedBreakfastEntry fees - TicketsLunchPersonal GuideTransfer from your accommodationWalking tourWater
Not IncludedDomestic flight ticketsGratuityPrivate transfer