At the border of the Chingaza National Park
Reserva Natural Bosque de Niebla – at the border of the Chingaza National Park
Reserva Natural Bosque de Niebla is located at 3000 meters, immersed in a primary forest of the beautiful highlands of Guasca. It is about hour and a half northeast from Bogotá and two hours walking from the sacred lakes of Siecha (Chingaza National Park). These forests are home of more than 2000 species of fauna and flora in which the environment produces the miracle of water. This is the reason that one of the purposes of the hostelry is the care and conservation of this magnificent and unique ecosystem.
Therefore, in addition to its architectural beauty and the comfort of its facilities among an integrated project of renewable energies, so it is the perfect place to relax. Specially thought for; chimney lovers, bird watchers, friends of natural landscape and walkers.
The house was designed and built in 1982 by the architect Javier Obregon. In addition to its aesthetical values, the house is provided by a wonderful system of solar heating and renewable energies, reason why it was worthy of a National Architecture Award.
We offer to our guests:
- 5 fabulous and spaced rooms with total accommodation capacity for 12 people.
- An enjoyable meeting room with fireplace, terrace and a fantastic view.
- A dining room with fireplace and a covered terrace area for breakfast.
- A spacious and bright kitchen with complete kitchenware.
- Fabulous Gardens in correspondence with the native vegetation.
Native Gardens of Reserva Natural Bosque de Niebla surrounding consist of a variety of ferns, native vegetation, vernacular flora, orchids, and bulbous plants.
Chingaza Natural National Park, an immediate neighbor of Reserva Natural Bosque de Niebla consists of a vast area privileged for its rich water sources, geological formations, flora and fauna. In Chingaza’s area we can find short-faced bears, deer, moor tapirs, pumas, condors of the Andes and a large number of indigenous species of birds and butterflies. The landscape of páramo is particularly known for its thick vegetation, forming beautiful micro landscapes which are source of most of the water supplies of Chingaza, Guasca, Sopó, La Calera and Bogota.
The tour includes:
- transfer between Bogotá and the Reserva Natural Bosque de Niebla
- walking tour in the Reserva Natural Bosque de Niebla – birdwatching
- homemade lunch and fruit juice
- relax in the house – unique experience
- accommodation in the house
- walking tour in the Chingaza National Park (at least 7-8 hours walking tour)
Departure TimeAprox 8-9AM
Return TimeAprox 17-18PM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, light jacket.
IncludedEntry fees - TicketsLunchPersonal GuideTransfer from your accommodationWalking tourWater